Imagine a waffle cone stuffed with all your favorite junk food sweets, slowly heated through until everything is ooey-gooey delicious. Maybe you chose traditional s’mores flavors of chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallows. Or you chose butterscotch, peanuts, and cinnamon. Maybe you went slightly healthier with strawberries, chocolate, and marshmallows. Whatever you chose it won’t be long before you too can be enjoying these decadent campfire cones!
Please note that this article contains affiliate links, and we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases made through links in this post. You can read our full disclosure here.
What we love about Campfire Cones:
- These are quick, easy, and fun
- They are customizable to everyone’s tastes
- Cones can be filled with fruit or candy or both
- Waffle Cones
- Assorted Chips (butterscotch, chocolate, cinnamon, etc.)
- Various Fruits (banana slices, strawberry pieces, etc.)
- Assorted Candies (rolos, m&ms, etc.)
- Miniature Marshmallows (helps everything meld)
- For each one: Fill one waffle cone with a mixture of marshmallows, chips, and other items.
- Completely wrap the filled cone with aluminum foil. Wrap first in parchment paper if you want to avoid the foil from touching your food.
- Cook over fire, rotating occasionally, until the marshmallows have melted. Time needed will depend on how hot your fire is.
Note: This can also be accomplished over a grill, in the oven, or even using a torch if you don’t want to build a fire.
- Aluminum foil and (optional) parchment paper: You are going to want heavy duty foil for this as your cone is apt to get burnt in regular foil. Ask us how we know. If you don’t like to eat food that has been in contact with foil under heated conditions, wrap your cone in parchment paper prior to the foil.
- Cutting board and knife: You will want to have a clean surface to work with, as well as knives for cutting any large ingredients into smaller pieces.
- Heat resistant gloves: If you are going to be working around a fire, at some point you will probably get burned. These gloves can help prevent that.
More Ingredients to Try:
- almond, cookie, nutella, or peanut butter
- blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries
- almonds, cashews, walnuts, or pecans
- caramel, chocolate, or marshmallow sauce
- chocolate stuffed with peanut butter (reese’s), caramel (rolo’s), or mint (patties)
- flavored m&ms such as peanut, peanut butter, hazelnut, etc.
Ten Specific Combinations to Try:
- Traditional — graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallow
- Berrylicious — assorted berries, chocolate, marshmallow
- Fluffernutter — peanut butter, marshmallow, graham crackers
- Mexican Chocolate — chocolate, marshmallow, cinnamon & chili powder
- Milky Way — malt powder, caramel sauce, chocolate
- Minted — graham crackers, peppermint patty, marshmallow
- Pretzel — salted pretzels, chocolate, marshmallow
- Rocky Road — almonds, chocolate, marshmallow
- Salted Caramel — caramel sauce, sea salt, chocolate
- The Elvis — peanut butter, banana slices, candied bacon pieces
More Recipes to Enjoy:
- 4 Waffle cones
- Miniature marshmallows
- Assorted candies
- Assorted fruits
- Chocolate and/or Peanut Butter and/or Butterscotch Chips
- For each cone: Fill one waffle cone with a mixture of marshmallows, chips, and fruit or candies.
- Completely wrap the filled cone in (optional: parchment paper and then) aluminum foil.
- Heat the foil-wrapped cones over your heat source for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally until the marshmallows have melted.